Okay, so not much is new - I'm still working at BBSRC, although in Sept I'm getting a temporary promotion (until a vacancy is filled, which I can apply for), and Jason is still working for the ABS Commander, who is now the Base Commander (due to endless military reorg). He's crazy busy all the time now, but at least he has his own office and a parking space! England is still great, and this summer we got a chance to show some other people the stuff we love. My sister was here all summer visiting (May - August), Gina and Ringo came for a "babymoon" visit, a family friend from Germany was here the month of July, and then there was a cousin from Germany for a week in July, and a friend of Jason's for a week in August. Phew. I love spending time with all our friends and family, though, and hope lots more of you consider coming to visit us!
Recent vacations we've taken include a week in Germany visiting relatives in August, Paris in June, Scotland in May, a couple trips to Windsor Castle, London a lot, and Stonehenge several times. I'm taking a work trip for Paris in September, and Jason will join me for the weekend. Then, we'll have to see. Maybe more work trips to Lisbon and Russia! Again, Jason has all the pictures up on myspace.
Other than that, we've expanded our extracurricular activities...Jason's taken up the violin, he's still trying to learn German, and I've volunteered to be President of the RAF Fairford Spouses Group (which is much more work than anyone warned me about!). We still love living in Fairford, and in May I helped organize a charity marathon as part of the Fairford Festival.
We hope to keep in touch with everyone as much as possible, and Jason and I are both on myspace, and I'm on facebook - so there's always a way to reach us!
All the best!
Kristine

No comments:
Post a Comment